Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 8 "10 Days and 10 Nights"

My 8th day of camp was a good one. I felt the best I have since day 1. I think taking yesterday was good for me both mentally and physically. I began camp with a 9 mile run followed by speed drills and strides. I then went to the pool for 4,000 yards of swimming with some hard intervals mixed in. At 5:00 I began the weekly group ride which takes place every Wednesday night in the QC. This is always a tough ride with lots of surging, breakaways, sprints, and high speeds. We went 50 miles and had some stretches of 10+ miles where we averaged over 26 mph. After the ride I went to our high school and lifted 2 sets of 12 on all my lifts. I finished camp this evening with a 3 mile run followed by lunges, core work, claw drill, and stretching.
1. 9 mile run
2. Speed Drills and Strides
3. 4,000 yards swimming
4. 50 mile bike ride
5. Weight Lifting- 2x 12
6. 3 mile run
7. Lunges, core, and claw drill
My total training time today was 6 hours and 5 minutes.

8 day camp totals: Run- 87.5 miles, Bike- 401 miles, Swim- 18,400 yards.
Only 2 days of camp left...DREAM BIG!

No comments: