Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 6 "10 Days and 10 Nights"

I'm getting used to waking up sore during this camp. I don't believe that will cease until the camp is over. After I got some breakfast in and walked around a bit I felt much better. I began camp by going for a 51 mile bike ride through the hills past McCausland to a small town of Low Moor where I refueled with a Gatorade. It was pretty windy today and I had 20 miles of the ride into the wind after turning around. Following the ride I took an hour and a half nap and then went to the pool for 4,000 yards of swimming with a main set of 8x 200's on the 3:00. I did the first 4 pull and the last 4 swim. I was hitting between 2:45 and 2:47 on all of them. Not too fast but I was alone and tired. Following a great dinner I finished camp with the night session of a 7.5 mile run in which I did hill intervals by running the 8 hills in the route really hard. I then did my speed drills and strides and went to the weight room to lift 2 sets of 15 on all my lifts at my lightest weight of the week. I then did 2 sets of 25 lunges and core work. I'll get a good stretch in before bed.
1. 51 mile bike ride
2. 4,000 yards swimming
3. 7.5 mile run
4. Speed drills and strides
5. Weight Lifting- 2x 15
6. Lunges
7. Core work
Total training time for day 6 was 5 hours and 40 minutes.

6 day camp totals: Run- 69.5 miles, Bike- 321 miles, Swim- 15,400 yards
I'm seeing a glimmer of light at the end of the "10 Days and 10 Nights" camp...DREAM BIG!

No comments: