Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 5 "10 Days and 10 Nights"

For day 5 of camp I was pretty sore in the morning due to the high camp volume and the intensity of a race yesterday. I began camp by running 5.5 miles easy in the morning with my wife and daughter. I pushed the stroller so that was fun. That loosened me up a bit and in the afternoon I rode my bike 45 miles out to my mom's for dinner. In the evening I did my weekly long run of 14.5 miles plus speed drills and strides. I finished camp by doing core work and the claw drill before calling it a day.
1. 5.5 mile run
2. 45 mile bike ride
3. 14.5 mile run
4. Speed drills and strides
5. Core work and claw drill
Total training time for day 5 was 4 hours and 55 minutes.

5 Day Camp Totals: Bike- 270 miles, Run- 62 miles, Swim- 11,400 yards

No comments: