Thursday, January 28, 2010

2010 Race Schedule

I've been debating a lot lately about the race schedule that I will compete in this upcoming year. I have gone back and forth on various races and this may change some but here is what I have tentatively settled on. At times I thought I maybe should race less 1/2 Ironman events if I'm preparing for my first full Ironman distance race but I decided that I want to race all of these if training continues to go well. I don't know how many years I can continue to devote as much time to training as I currently am so the deciding factor was that I didn't want to skip races that I would regret later while I'm lying in my bed growing old. While I'm fit...I'll compete...and I'll enjoy the journey.

This schedule will allow me to get in some good blocks of training from late June to early July, and then again through the early part of August.
Sullivan Civic Center Triathlon- Sprint Distance- April 25th Sullivan, IL
Galena Triathlon- Sprint Distance- May 22 Galena, IL
Ironman Kansas 70.3**Pro Race- June 6 Lawrence, KS
Quad City Triathlon- June 20 Davenport, IA
10 Days and 10 Nights Training Camp (My own training camp) June 22-July 1
Ironman Racine 70.3**Pro Race- July 18 Racine, WI
Ironman Steelhead 70.3**Pro Race- July 31 Benton Harbor, MI
5 Days and 5 Nights Training Camp (My own training camp) August 3-7
Pigman Long Course Triathlon- August 18 Cedar Rapids, IA
Rev 3 "Full Rev"**Pro Race (Ironman Distance)- September 12 Sandusky, OH or...
Ironman Wisconsin**Pro Race - September 12 Madison, WI

As you can tell my main race distance this year will be on the 1/2 Ironman distance. I am excited to compete in my first full Ironman in September assuming training continues to go well. There may be a couple small races I add into the schedule as well. Thanks for reading! DREAM BIG!

4 comments:

LittleRachet said...

See you in QC! And, if you decide to do the Rev3 in OH, use the code Trakkers125 and get $10 off your registration.

Good luck this season!

Jeff Paul said...

Thanks so much! QC is a great race as you know if you've done it. If you haven't you'll be pleased with it. Keep up the great training and thanks for following!

Beth said...

What? No indoor race at the YMCA in Muscatine this year? I thought you loved the stationary bike!

Jeff Paul said...

I did the indoor one in Muscatine today. I just put my summer schedule on there. I wouldn't quite classify the one in Muscatine as a real triathlon since the bike is a Schwinn Airdyne.