Sunday, January 24, 2010

1:44...



It's 1:44... a.m. if you can't tell. I've been lying in bed for nearly 3 hours unable to fall asleep. My legs are twitching uncontrollably from the workout I finished on the bike 3 hours ago. It wasn't anything crazy; a 1 hour ride with 30x 30 seconds at max effort followed by 30 seconds easy after each one with a 15 minute warm up and cool down. I'll make sure not to do this one late at night anymore as it woke the legs up more than I wanted. I try to fall asleep but my legs are twitching and my mind keeps thinking about the upcoming season. I'm starting to feel very fit. Today was a 5,500 yard swim day with a set of 10x 100's on 1:20 to kick things off after the warm up. We took an extra 20 seconds rest after the 5th one. I hit all of them in 1:15-1:18. My total time for the 1,000 yard set was 13:45 including the breaks after each 100. I swam the 1,000 once in college and my time was 14:00...without taking a break after every 100. Following the swim I got a nap in before running 7 miles outside...in shorts! It was perfect out...38 degrees...I wanted to keep going if not for a long run tomorrow morning (now 7 hours away). After the run I rode the bike for 30 minutes and then finished up later with the 1 hour ride I mentioned earlier. My mind keeps thinking about my race schedule that I can't decide on for the upcoming season. I keep thinking about how much my fitness has increased since last year already. While I was in the waiting room at the doctor's office a few weeks ago I was reading an article on goal setting. The article had the top 10 things necessary to reaching a goal. One of the top things they listed was that you have to be obsessed with the goal. I'd say I'm there...considering I can't stop thinking about my goals. A student in my class made a plaque for me with a quotation that says, "Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about." I'm off to attempt some sleep. DREAM BIG!

No comments: