Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 2 "10 Days and 10 Nights"

Day 2 of camp was a tough one. This was my highest total training volume in a day ever. I started the day of camp at 8:00 a.m. with Derek Radosevich, a great local triathlete who is training for Ironman Wisconsin. We did a 100 mile ride highlighted by a deer trying to jump a fence in front of us but missing badly. It was a great ride with nice conversation. We went at a pretty relaxed pace but this was only the 3rd 100 mile ride of my life and my longest ride this year by 17 miles. Following that I got an hour nap in which has been a pretty important part of my summer training. After the nap I saw Dr. Kaminski from Kaminski Pain and Performance Care for an awesome ART session that had me feeling pretty good. I went to the pool and swam 3,000 yards with mostly easy drill and technique work mixed in with a couple 500's at tempo pace. During the swim I got a couple huge cramps in my hamstring and a lot of smaller cramps in the arches of my feet. I finished camp tonight with a 12 mile run in which I felt really tired and hungry early on but the feeling quickly went away and I felt great for the last 8 miles. After that I did core work and the claw drill before getting a good stretch in.
1. 100 mile bike ride
2. 3,000 yards swimming
3. 12 mile run
4. Core work and claw drill
Total training time for the day was 7 hrs. and 50 minutes.
2 Day Camp Totals: 153 miles biking, 23 miles running, 7,100 yds. swimming
Much easier day of camp tomorrow...DREAM BIG!

No comments: