Sunday, August 19, 2012

Quick Race Update

13th today in the pro race at Steelhead with 16 pro guys starting.  18th overall of 1500.  After 2 absolute disasters in pro races this year I feel good about this one.  I knew going into it I am fat right now and I am not in very good shape.  I was satisfied about the swim and bike and had a good chance to run my way into a finish somewhere between 6th and 8th with a 1:20 1/2 Marathon which I thought I was capable of even in my current state.  My lower back was a terrible mess getting off the bike and I stopped 3 times in the 1st 2 miles to stretch it.  Finally after sitting down the 3rd time and going through every back stretch I know it was managable and I could continue running the rest of the way without the terrible pain.  I'll post a full review of the race later this week.  Time to recover quick and get back into shape for Branson in 5 weeks.  My finish time was 4 hrs. 16 minutes. 

No comments: