Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 2 Training Summary...Happy Thanksgiving!

For week 2 I increased my training totals a little bit over last week. I've begun to feel in better shape and I'm over the initial soreness of resuming training. For the week I ran 40 miles, biked 85 miles, and swam 13,700 yards. In addition to those totals I lifted weights, did speed drills and strides all three times, lunges and plyometrics twice, and core work six times. My total training time was 18 hours. On Thursday I ran a 5 mile Turkey Trot race in Davenport. I ran it hard as a way to measure my fitness compared to last year. A year ago I was in my 4th week of training and I ran 29:25. This year I ran 28:39. My toughest workouts of the week were in the pool. I'm definitely ahead of where I was at this point a year ago in the water. On Saturday morning I swam 30 75's on the 1:05 interval with an easy 100 after certain numbers. A year ago I did the same set and was swimming them on the 1:10 interval. I have some technique issues I'm working on as I hope to make big improvements in the area I need the most work. For this upcoming week I will begin doing a weekly running interval workout and two biking interval workouts. It was nice spending time with family and friends over the holiday. I have much to be thankful for. I've been fortunate to stay mostly healthy with a high level of training for a year. I give much of that credit to Dr. Kaminski at Kaminski Pain and Performance Care. I have not had any overuse injuries in the year since I began training hard for this sport. I'm also extremely thankful to have Jen's enduring support of this journey. I know my hours of training require her to make some sacrifices and I would not have enjoyed the successes that I did without her. I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks for reading. DREAM BIG!

No comments: