Thursday, February 12, 2009

2009 Race Schedule

I think I've got a schedule for 2009 pretty well in place through August 30. After that time I'll evaluate where I'm at and decide whether I need to take time off then or do a couple more races. Here's what I've got so far.
May 17- Memphis in May Olympic Distance (Elite Amateur Division) Memphis, TN
June 7- Pigman Sprint Triathlon (Elite Registered) Cedar Rapids, IA
June 20- Quad City Triathlon- Sprint Distance Davenport, IA
June 28- Hy-Vee Triathlon Olympic Distance (Elite Amateur Division) Des Moines, IA
July 11- Lifetime Fitness Triathlon Olympic Distance (Elite Amateur Division) Minneapolis, MN
August 30- Chicago Triathlon Olympic Distance (Elite Amateur Division) Chicago, IL

This will be a very competitive race schedule. Memphis, Hy-Vee, Minneapolis, and Chicago are all pro-qualifying races that will be extremely competitive. The top 3 amateurs in each of those races can turn professional. I am keeping a longer break between Minneapolis and Chicago so I can train hard for a month without worrying about the effects of being tired. I'll probably do a local sprint distance sometime in those weeks to stay sharp but I'll definitely plan my taper for Chicago. I'm contemplating a smaller 1/2 ironman the weekend after Chicago. It will be more for the experience. DREAM BIG!

No comments: